Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Butcher- New Orleans, LA



 My friends and I decided to check this place after we saw the line out the door when we went to Cochon.  It turns out, it's the same owner as Cochon.  When we went, we had to wait about 15-20 minutes in line.  Was it worth the wait?
Pork belly on white w/ mint, cucumber, & chili lime aioli

 My first impression when I got this sandwich was that "this sandwich is kind of small."  The sandwich came out with hot pork belly between toasted white bread.  The chili lime aioli made the bread a little bit soggy, so it would be best if eaten right away.  The sandwich had a strange balance.  Pork belly generally has a strong, powerful, and salty taste to it.  However, the mint, cucumber, and chili lime aioli balance it out.  It actually came to the point where you bite into the sandwich and you get a nice light and refreshing taste.  I would have to say that the mint, cucumber, and chile lime aioli overpowers the taste of the pork belly.  The sandwich was good, but I don't think that I would wait in line for 15-20 minutes for it.  If you are walking by or at the convention center and there is no line, stop by and try Butcher's sandwiches.



Location:
Butcher
930 Tchoupitoulas Street
New Orleans, LA 70130

Until next time,
C   

No comments:

Post a Comment