Sunday, December 18, 2011

Coop's Place- New Orleans, LA

 Coop's Place!!!  This is by far one of my favorite restaurants in New Orleans.  Let me tell you why...
Red Bean and Rice w/ Sausage
 Red Beans & Rice is one of New Orleans staples.  It can be found in practically every Cajun/Creole restaurants.  I have tried this dish in many restaurants throughout New Orleans, but Coop's Place red beans & rice is by far my favorite.  You would think this would be a bland and empty dish with only beans and rice.  On the contrary, this full of beans and pork on top of rice.  The beans were infused with the cajun flavor.  Mix in the smokey sausage, and then you get perfection.  It is a very hearty dish and by far has the most flavor compared to other red beans & rice places. 
Cajun Fried Chicken w/ Rabbit and Sausage Jambalaya
Cajun fried chicken!!!  This is the #1 reason to try Coops.  I have tried fried chicken from Roscos in Los Angeles, to chicken from Glady's Knight Fried chicken in Atlanta, but this trumps them all by far.  This is largely due to the batter.  The batter is full of different spices that just make your mouth water.  The skin is so crispy, yet the meat is still moist.  I have never had fried chicken like this, and would visit Coops for their fried chicken multiple times.  Sadly, I was only able to eat there once.  The fried chicken also came with rabbit and sausage jambalaya on the side.  This was a very unique dish since they added rabbit to their jambalaya.  You cannot taste the gamey taste that is associated with rabbit.  The jambalaya was good, but I prefer the Red Beans & Rice.  Next time I visit, I will definitely stop by Coops for their fried chicken.

Location:
Coop's Place
1109 Decatur St.
New Orleans, LA 70116


Until next time,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment