Sunday, December 18, 2011

Drago's Seafood Restaurant (New Orleans, LA)

 I had the luxury to attend a conference in New Orleans.  And I saw this as an opportunity to try all the different restaurants in this food mecca!  As soon as I landed, my friend, a NOLA native, suggested that we go to Drago's for lunch to try their famous charbroiled oysters.
Drago’s Original Charbroiled Oysters
My friend and I decided to split 1 dozen of oysters.  That was a mistake!!!  I wished I ordered 1 dozen for myself.  The oysters came out hot, charboiled with butter, lemon, and pepper on the oysters.  They usually add cheese on them, which I chose not to have due to an allergy.  But I bet the cheese makes it even better.  The oysters had a smoky taste which balanced well with the butter and lemon.  Use the remaining juice in the shell and plate to dip the bread in.  I can probably sit there and eat 2 dozens of oysters.  They were just that delicious!       
Mama Ruth’s Seafood Gumbo
We also decided to order a bowl of the Seafood Gumbo to balance out our meal.  The gumbo was good, but not spectacular.  There was nothing special or unique about the taste of the gumbo.  I would definitely stick to the oysters.

If you are ever in the New Orleans area, you must stop by Drago's for their charbroiled oysters.

Location:
Drago’s Seafood Restaurant (at Hilton New Orleans Riverside)
2 Poydras Street
New Orleans, LA 70130

Until next time,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment