Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Arirang Tofu House - San Gabriel, CA

A must-go-to hearty food for us is always Korean tofu stew. Our usual go to spot was packed, so we decided to switch it up a bit and try out Arirang. I was pleasantly surprised. The meal as a whole was delicious!
Side Dishes


They also gave us a kimchi pancake. I prefer the usual pancakes, but it was still yummy. I believe the usual pancakes only contain vegetables. The side dishes were tasty, and like usual, they're refillable!

Galbi
 I would say galbi is something that I would usually order when I go for Korean food. This place made it really well, but the only complaint I have is that the portion is really small...

Bibimbap
 C ordered the bibimbap. I had a taste of it and I enjoyed it. For those who are unfamiliar with Korean food, bibimbap is a mixture of rice, veggies, and sometimes meat. It comes out with the veggies and meat on top of the rice, and you can add as much red chili paste as you want, then you mix, mix, mix!

Kimchi Tofu Stew
 I ordered the kimchi tofu stew. It came out bubbling, sizzling hot. The waiter added a raw egg into it, which is optional. The stew is hot enough to cook the egg right there. The stew was yummy. I'm always afraid of places using MSG in their stews, and I am happy to say that this place doesn't! Yay!


I'm glad we found this place since the wait for this place is not as long as our usual place.

Location:
Arirang Tofu House
529 E Valley Blvd
San Gabriel, CA 91776

Laters!
-R


No comments:

Post a Comment