Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pie 'n Burger - Pasadena, CA

I should really start off by apologizing for the lack of posts. The four of us has been busy with life and family, especially during the holidays. Speaking of holidays, Happy Lunar New Year to all those who celebrate it!

C and I wanted to try something new and also wanted to explore a bit more of Pasadena. I did not realize how much Pasadena has to offer. I usually just stop in Old Town Pasadena, but South Lake Avenue has a lot of restaurants and shopping too! We decided to stop by Pie 'n Burger, we both heard about the place before, but we did not know what to expect.

 Right when we walked in, we can basically see the entire restaurant. It was tiny! A long table for a bar like seating ran through the entire restaurant and there were about 3 additional tables for larger parties in the back. We sat ourselves and the menu was up on the wall. The place gave off an old school mom and pop shop vibe.

Grilled Tuna
I ordered the grilled tuna sandwich. The portion was huge. It came with pickles and potato salad on the side. Honestly, I was not impressed. I had better... a lot better.

Burger and Fries
C ordered the burger and fries. The burger was good. The fries were just how I like them, crunchy and hot. C wanted chili on her burger, but they had already ran out for the night.

All in all, this place was just okay... the food was overpriced for me. I can get the same food at In-N-Out for a more reasonable price. I would only go back to try their drinks. They make their milkshake the old fashioned way. They make their soda the old fashion way too! The add the carbonated water and soda syrup separately. I would also try their pie. We got to the restaurant late, so many of their pies have already been sold out.

Location:
Pie 'n Burger
913 E California Blvd
Pasadena, CA 91106

No comments:

Post a Comment