Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hakata Ramen Shin-Sen-Gumi: Rosemead, CA



Takoyaki
This was the first meal that all of the 4 foodies ate together in a long time.  It felt great to be reunited.  Our first destination....ramen!!!  We were starving, so we started our meal with an order of takoyaki.  Takoyaki is octopus cooked inside of a pancake-like flour based batter, and covered in fish flakes, seaweed, takoyaki sauce, green onions, and mayoinase.  It was quite delicious, as you can tell, by the time I got my camera left there was only 1 left.   The takoyaki was a little small.  They were tasty but not as tasty as some that I've had in NYC.  However, this did get our juices running for the ramen.
Tonkotsu Ramen
 The main course has arrived, Tonkotsu Ramen.  When you place your order you have the option of choosing soft, medium, or hard for the noodles.  I decided to go with medium.  The noodles were really thin and had the right amount of chewiness.  You also have the option to add more noodles for $0.50.  The broth had the perfect amount of pork taste, and was not salty as is found in other ramen places.  One vital item that was missing was the hard boiled egg, which you have to pay extra for.  I also wished there would be a little more meat, as there were only 2 slices of pork.  Aside from that, the ramen is definitely worth trying.  This was my 2nd time at this place and each time I come I have to compare it with Daikokuya's in Jtown.  The first time I came I loved Shin Sen Gumi.  After I went the 2nd time, I've decided that I have to stop by Daikokuya again and see which place I like better.  Stop by and try a bowl of ramen.  Make sure you go early because there is always a wait.

Location:
Hakata Ramen Shin-Sen-Gumi
8450 E Valley Blvd Ste 103
Rosemead, CA 91770

 Until next time,
 C

No comments:

Post a Comment