Thursday, February 23, 2012

Green Street Tavern - Pasadena, CA

L's birthday just passed! Yay to another year towards old age! Since it was her birthday, I gave her control to the reigns and she chose Green Street Tavern. The restaurant is right across the street from Buca di Peppo and Gyu-kaku. I must have walked past this place so many times and never even noticed it! I need to explore Pasadena some more. So many wonderful places to try.
Our wine for the night
We each started the meal with a glass of wine. I'm not a big wine drinker, and when I do drink wine it's mainly sweet, white wine. I chose a German Gris-Ling and L chose a Pinot. I tried her red wine, and it was too dry for me.
Grilled Quail Salad
Miniature Baked Brie
Pan Seared Foie Gras & Duck Confit
We started off with 3 appetizers, all were equally delicious. The grilled quail salad was yums, but the little bones got annoying to eat around. I was recently introduced to brie. I'm not a big cheese lover, but I love brie! This dish was extra awesome because the brie was baked. It was all warm and creamy. I would come back for the brie and the foie gras! It was my first time eating foie gras, and I know... it's an evil way to treat animals and whatnots, but goodness I been missing out on all yumminess! I love the Asian style BBQ duck and this reminded me of it. By the way, my mouth is just watering thinking about these dishes.
Lobster Ravioli

Three Little Piggies went to the market….
And none of them came back home!
Our main courses consisted of the lobster ravioli and the Three Little Piggies. L ordered the lobster ravioli. I'm not a lobster fan, but I decided to give it a try. The flavor was a bit too fishy for me, but like I said, I'm not a big fan of lobster. I ordered the Three Little Piggies. The extremely long name of the dish totally caught my attention. It's basically a trio of pork dishes. Starting from the top right going clockwise: crispy pig ear salad, smoked ribs, and braised belly on top of pureed yams. Although I did enjoy the dish, I was a little disappointed because it didn't wow me. Maybe I was too "wow"-ed out from the appetizers.

Honestly, I would come here again, especially for the appetizers. :) I really did enjoy all that we ordered though. Happy birthday L! 

Green Street Tavern
69 W Green St
Pasadena, CA 91105

Laters~
R

No comments:

Post a Comment