Sunday, February 5, 2012

Henry's Taiwan - Seattle, WA

There is little better than a bowl of beef noodle soup. On a ever-so-typical cold, rainy, gray day in Seattle, beef noodle soup is a major craving of mine. But lately I haven't had any, as there is a severe lack of it in my neighborhood. I finally filled that void.



This is a bowl from Henry's Taiwan, situated appropriately near the ornate Chinese gate in Seattle's International District. It is a fairly tiny place with maybe six booths and two tables. There was no wait this particular day, but it would be worth it anyway. Don't worry, they play Mandarin pop for your entertainment.

Order the beef noodle soup and you get a sizeable bowl filled with chunks of stewed beef (and some tendons, watch out now), spiced broth, and homemade noodles. These noodles can also be ordered with shaved-style noodles - I spaced and should have ordered those, but this bowl was still delicious.


Not a fan of noodles? They serve a nice variety of rice dishes and appetizers. Henry's Taiwan also has red bean dessert! I didn't have any, but I regret that decision. 


Sliced pork belly served with a sweet soy-garlic sauce. There is no pork belly that doesn't taste amazing.

Stinky tofu. Ah, I didn't partake. Sorry, I can't do it.

This post is dedicated to C, L, and R, as I am trying to bribe all three to visit Seattle. Come to Seattle and you can have all the beef noodle soup (plus rain and trees) you want!

No comments:

Post a Comment